Community Development workshops - Building strong and successful communities
The Community Development Program offers a series of free workshops for country local governments. The two-day workshop is open to local government CEOs, managers and senior staff, not just community development officers. The workshop will be delivered by Murdoch University.
Workshop participants will learn:
- how community development can deliver better value for local governments
- how to build collaborative service delivery partnerships with maximum community buy in
- new strategies and techniques that can be implemented quickly for positive impact.
Additionally, the Department of Local Government and Communities is providing the free two-day
Community Development workshop for all metropolitan local government managers, and senior staff.
Community Development workshops
Elected member workshops
A specialised free half-day workshop for elected members is also available. In this intensive half-day workshop, elected members will:
- learn more about the critical role of community development in all local government decisions
- learn practical skills to help engage better and balance diverse community views and needs
- make a difference in their local community.